- Zero tolerance for drug or alcohol use.
- Any resident who is on prescribed medications must immediately inform one of the managers or Resident Advisors and must secure those medications in the designated secured area on the property. All medications must be taken as prescribed.
- No engaging in illegal substance manufacturing, possession and/or distribution will be tolerated.
- No stealing or destroying property will be tolerated.
- No sexual activity on the property.
- No physical confrontation or verbal confrontation with any staff or resident will be tolerated.
- As a member of a recovering community, based on the principles of honesty, trust and helping to create a safe and sober environment, we request any resident that knows that another resident has violated any rules of New Friendships report the behavior to staff.
- Any visitor to New Friendships property will be asked to leave immediately if New Friendships staff or House Senior suspect any use of illegal or illicit drugs, including alcohol. Residents who have been asked to leave due to their own breach of rules will not be permitted back on the property.
- All residents must attend 90 AA/NA meetings their first 90 days of residing at New Friendships and then five meetings a week thereafter. Meeting verification sheets are due at the house meeting.
- Residents must obtain and maintain a sponsor while living at New Friendships.
- Residents must attend a mandatory House Meeting one time a week, every Sunday at 6:00 P.M.
- Residents must attend the mandatory weekly Relapse Prevention Book Study on Wednesdays at 7:30 PM.
- Residents must be willing to submit to a drug/alcohol urine screen upon the request of the Resident Advisors or managers.
- We request that a resident commit to a 90 day stay.
- Resident's rooms and their apartments must be clean at all times. Dishes must be cleaned immediately after use and put away. Taking food from others without permission is considered stealing. We encoura ge community cooking, meal planning and sharing dinner time together. This is to assist in developing a family like structure. Resident's beds are to be made when the resident's are not in the bed. Resident's will participate in ongoing mandatory house clean-up upon staff request. No resident is to be in bedrooms from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM without prior consent from staff.
- Curfew is 11:00 P.M. for the first 30 days. After the first 30 days curfew are 11:00 PM Sun-Thurs and 1:00 AM Friday & Saturday. After 90 days curfews are 11:00 PM Sun-Thurs and 2:00 AM Friday & Saturday.
- Resident's must sleep at the house each night unless prior arrangements have been made with staff.
- Overnight passes are given after 30 days living at New Friendships.
- No overnight guests are permitted and all visitors to the property must be approved by staff and must be off the property by curfew.
- There is absolutely no loitering in the front of the property on or near the driveway.
- No female visitors are permitted on the property without prior permission from staff.
- Residents must have a job within the first two weeks of living at New Friendships. Residents having unusual job requirements must have New Friendships staff approval. All residents in the process of getting a job must off the property by 9 A.M. daily and return after 4 P.M.
- To respect other resident's anonymity, no other resident's personal information is to be given out to anyone. No cameras or videotaping at any time on the property.
Because this is a sober living environment and we are to be working as a family unit, the Resident Advisement Committee (senior house members) will review all new residents. All new residents will be subject to a one week trial period. If the new resident is considered to be unsuitable to live at New Friendships, all deposits will be refunded. Additionally, various issues and violations committed by existing residents will also be brought to the Resident Advisement Committee. The Resident Advisement Committee, in conjunction with management will determine suitability for continued residence at New Friendships.